Thursday, April 22, 2010

I am never bored, and I can talk like this
because I know what its like to be punched in the mouth,
and laugh at my striker through a fat lip lisp
infected and inflected with the tones of the south.

Uh huh.

We'll always hate each other to some degree,
because you think all that I have has been gotten for free.
So I'll laugh at you for looking down on me,
assuming hard work never gives way to a lazy kind of creativity.

Uh huh.

And as we get off work your objective is clear,
interests lie in blue jeans and light beer.
And as we get off work I've got nothing to fear,
rapt in consummation unattained but always drawing near.

Uh huh.

You are always bored, I hope you drown in piss,
you paid your doctor for prescriptions declaring "live like this."
We're all looking for an easy way to best spend our time on a daily basis,
So dear friend I'm sorry to say worrying boredom has got you locked up today,
locked up and yearning for status stasis. At least you've covered your bases.

Uh huh.

No comments: